Squirrel Starts Cheese Factory Fire, Spoils 20,000 Gallons of Milk

No use in crying over spilled milk… okay maybe in this case…

Nearly 20,000 GALLONS of milk was spoiled in British Columbia this week after a squirrel caused a fire at a cheese factory. According to the Vancouver Sun, emergency crews responded to a fire at Scardillo Cheese in Burnaby, BC, at 9AM Tuesday, after a squirrel chewed through a piece of equipment and flames sparked. The flames damaged a main power line, causing the factory and 150 residents in the surrounding area to lose power. It took about 12 hours to restore power to the factory, leaving the milk to spoil and warm. While most of the cheese was protected in rented generators, Scardillo Cheese expects to lose about a week of production disposing of and cleaning up the milk.

HOLY NUTTERS! I don’t drink milk, but I am obsessed with Cheese, so to me this story does have a happy ending LOL! As long as the cheese is okay then we are GOOD!

~Dana 🙂

Photo Credit: www.upi.com

Posted in Annoucer Blogs, Dana Thompson, Hot Stuff

+ Follow Us

+ Hot 5 @ 5

Vote Now! The Hot 5 @ 5!

+ Upcoming Events

  1. Halifax Seaport Beerfest!

    August 10 @ 9:30 pm - August 11 @ 9:30 pm
  2. Hal-Con 2018!

    October 26 - October 28

+ On-Air & Shows