Thursday June 7th 2018
Sunny & 18
A fatal fire at a Dartmouth apartment building last month was likely caused by careless use of smoking materials. Investigators say the fire started near a couch in the living room of a 3rd floor unit on Primrose Street. The May 19th fire forced 150 people out of their homes.
Nova Scotia’s wait list for family doctors has hit more than 50,000. This increase comes after over 300 family doctors took on over 2800 new patients through the ‘Patient Attachment Incentive Trust’. The $6.4 million program gives doctors a one time payment of $150 for every new patient they take on.
Members of the NSCC faculty are voting on whether to end their relationship with the NSTU. The vote was sparked by the relationship with the NSTU not necessarily being the most natural fit. This specific time is the limited window within the workers’ contract that they have to consider the move.
NYY 3 – TOR 0